1. Early childhood is valid in itself as a vitally important stage of
life; therefore, we aim to provide the essential foundations for all future
2. Care and education for the under fives are complementary and
interrelated. Learning is a total experience rooted in life and for the
young child is not compartmentalized under subject headings. We aim to
educate the child as a whole person. Experiences are planned to cover the
six areas of learning i.e. personal and social, language and literacy,
mathematics, physical, aesthetic/creative and knowledge and understanding of
3. As a starting point we aim to build on what children know and can do.
4. We aim to provide a positive learning environment for children to
achieve their optimum all round development.
5. We believe that the adults and children in a child’s life are of
central importance. We aim to establish confident and trusting relationships
and to provide positive role models.
6. We know play is the most powerful medium for learning in the early
years and we aim to provide quality first hand experiences.
7. We believe that every child has a fundamental right to equality of
opportunity and aim to provide this irrespective of religious persuasion,
racial origin, cultural and linguistic background, gender, social group or